Does AppStudio support WebTiledLayer?

09-25-2015 02:30 AM
DineshMathur
New Contributor II

I tried to open a WebMap, having a WebTiledLayer as basmap, in the Map Viewer application. It does not display anything in the map.

This can be tested using changing the query to group:"d6383ca17dae4c30836fccc7da3b80c4" and selecting Kartverkets GraatoneTileCache.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dinesh Mathur

Since AppStudio is based off of our QML Runtime, you should be able to create a tiled layer using this:

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt QML API: ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer Class Reference

I hope this helps!

DineshMathur
New Contributor II

I am trying to use WebMap from ArcGIS Online containing WebTiledLayer. The WebMap QML component does not support this. Hope in the release version it will handle it!!!!

0 Kudos
GarethWalters

Hi Dinesh,

Just tried your web map but I get an error 400 issue. Could you make sure that the service is up and running so we can have a look at the problem.

Cheers,

Gareth

DineshMathur
New Contributor II

Hi Gareth,

The services are up and running. If you are trying to use the id "d6383ca17dae4c30836fccc7da3b80c4" as webmap id then it is wrong. This id is the group id and the title of the webmap is "Kartverkets GraatoneTileCache".

Webmap id is "6498d3630853435094ab54de105b83bc".

Dinesh

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

Hi Dinesh,

Upon further examination of this layer that you have, it appears to be a WMTS layer that is not loading.

The link to the layer also appears to not work for myself and does not work in ArcGIS Desktop.

However, this does load in the web map viewer.  I believe the WMTS format of the data may be what is causing the issue here as tiled services coming from other providers and their formats seem to work without issue.

I may need to do additional research here to see what exactly is going on.

DineshMathur
New Contributor II

I am able to see the WMTS data from ArcCatalog (http://opencache.statkart.no/gatekeeper/gk/gk.open_wmts?)

Regards

Dinesh

0 Kudos
deleted-user-AYsXjhkrwuAA
New Contributor III

Hi Dinesh

I tried really hard to create a custom TiledMapServiceLayer, definining it in full as with the ArcGIS Javascript API, however the map would never load.   This was to use a WMTS, and I had specified a custom onRequestTile method that would retrieve the tiles correctly.

The map would never fire it's onStatusChanged event, and the layers onRequestTile method would never be called.

I came to the conclusion that this wasn't supported and switched to an ArcGIS Tiled Map layer instead..

Andrew

0 Kudos
DineshMathur
New Contributor II

Thanks Andrew,

I guess, I will need to wait and hope this will work in the release version.

Dinesh

0 Kudos
DineshMathur
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

I found some time to work with this and I was able to create the layer. The only problem I am facing now is  adding the LODs to the layer dynamically.

I managed to hardcode the LODs and get that to work.

Maybe you have some idea about how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh Mathur

0 Kudos