Documentation possibly incorrect for GeodatabaseFeatureTable addedFeatures and updatedFeatures

Jump to solution
03-20-2016 05:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The documentation for the properties of a GeodatabaseFeatureTable called addedFeatures and updatedFeatures says they are a 'FeatureTableIterator' object, but they appear to instead be a list of features.

(For me the list is easier to work with, not sure what advantage an iterator would have anyway?)

Can anyone else confirm this or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yep, you're correct. They return lists of features. deletedFeatures will give you a list of strings, representing object IDs that have been deleted. It'll for sure be fixed in Quartz. I will put in a 10.2.x report as well, and we will see if we can get it fixed up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Paul,

I think you are correct that they are not iterator objects.

I think so because when I call .hasNext() I get the error "TypeError: Property 'hasNext' of object [object Object] is not a function." (There's probably a better test, not sure.)

LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yep, you're correct. They return lists of features. deletedFeatures will give you a list of strings, representing object IDs that have been deleted. It'll for sure be fixed in Quartz. I will put in a 10.2.x report as well, and we will see if we can get it fixed up.