Daylight Widget in 3D Scene Viewer?

Jump to solution
06-29-2020 11:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I recently started to try and get familiar with the possibilities of ArcGIS App Studio. One thing I did was to just take the 3D Scene Viewer Template and added a Web Scene of a Portal which worked fine.

The Web Scene has a Daylight Widget to simulate the position of the sun. But in the App Studio App I only have the option to select bookmarks. I tried to find out if it´s possible to add that functionality but couldn´t find anything.

Any help or push in the right direction is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alexander,

I am glad you find the 3D Scene Viewer template working well for you. But unfortunately, the Daylight widget is not supported out of the box in 3D Scene Viewer template, normally we would recommend you to add this code on your own using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt‌, but this is currently a known limitation with the latest version 100.8 and will be available with Runtime 100.9.

We think that this is a great idea and enhancement for the AppStudio 3D Scene Viewer template, we recommend you to add this to the ArcGIS Ideas‌, so that our Product Management team is aware of this request. Once it is fixed with  ArcGIS Runtime we can look in to possibly supporting this, or giving you a sample on how this would work. 

In the meantime, we have some new features in Early Adopter Program  for 3D Scene Viewer template and other templates on AppStudio 4.3 Beta, we encourage you to check it out.

Thanks,

Nakul

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alexander,

I am glad you find the 3D Scene Viewer template working well for you. But unfortunately, the Daylight widget is not supported out of the box in 3D Scene Viewer template, normally we would recommend you to add this code on your own using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt‌, but this is currently a known limitation with the latest version 100.8 and will be available with Runtime 100.9.

We think that this is a great idea and enhancement for the AppStudio 3D Scene Viewer template, we recommend you to add this to the ArcGIS Ideas‌, so that our Product Management team is aware of this request. Once it is fixed with  ArcGIS Runtime we can look in to possibly supporting this, or giving you a sample on how this would work. 

In the meantime, we have some new features in Early Adopter Program  for 3D Scene Viewer template and other templates on AppStudio 4.3 Beta, we encourage you to check it out.

Thanks,

Nakul

nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there,

In the AppStudio 5.0 release, the 3D Scene Viewer template has been enhanced to include this Daylight functionality feature. Feel free to check out on your end. Here is the blogpost which summaries what's new in 5.0 release?

Thank you.

Nakul M

0 Kudos