Create Folder and File in QT Creator

Jump to solution
10-25-2019 08:09 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

For the longest time I have been able to simply create a folder in Explorer and copy and paste file sin there and they would how up in QT Creator.

I now go into File Explorer and create a folder and nothing appears in QT Creator......I can see them in FE

The only way I was able to create a folder was right-click on the 'MyApp' root folder in QtCreator, select 'Add New' and choose to add a new QML file. At that point, it brings up a file Browse dialog and you can navigate to the folder you created and drop the file in there.  I then deleted the file.

BUT I cannot copy and paste a file in there....

what gives....any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Go to <your-project-name>.qmlproject file and add the .sql extension in the Files filter 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Qt Creator Version 4.9.2

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Jay, 

I just test this in Qt Creator 4.9.2 that is bundled with AppStudio 4.0.93 

I was able to go into the File Explorer of the app from Qt Creator by right-clicking on any folder or files in the project, then I created a folder in the File Explorer,  but this folder would not show in Qt Creator if it is still empty. The folder would then show up in Qt Creator after I copy-pasted at least one file in the folder. I was able to do this with image file, qml file and json file. 

What file(s) are you trying to add in the new folder?

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

OK I created a folder and copied an existing .qml file in there and it appeared...

I was trying to put in a .sql file in there from an ESRI example and the file does NOT show up.  How do I get that .sql file to show up.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Go to <your-project-name>.qmlproject file and add the .sql extension in the Files filter