Combobox issues

11-01-2019 06:44 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I am puzzled.  I am creating an entry page that allows a user to identify a point in the map, it grabs the values from the feature and places them in textInput and ComoboBox.  This works great...I can cycle through multiple returns etc.

IN AppStudio for ArcGIS

1. I can click on the comboboxes and read the MODEL I set up for each. 

2. The text colors and other formatting I wrote works fine.

3. When I choose a value it appears in the combobox. 

4. I can click on these comboboxes as many times as I want and they continue to work

I even have an update cursor that takes those values and updates the Feature Class.

I then Upload this and then on my phone I use AppStudio player. 

1. None of the formatting I did on the comboBox comes through

2. I can click on the comboBox and it opens populated with the MODEL values.

3. I select one and the combobox is not updated?

4. I then loose focus or something...I can no longer select and open the comboboxes unless I close and reopen the app

COMPLETE opposite from what I am experiencing while in AppStudio for ArcGIS 

Does anyone have any thoughts?  

Not sure why the value is not being updated in the App after selection in AppStudio Player but does so in AppStudio for ArcGIS

Loosing Focus?  Z values?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Jay, 

This is very strange behavior,  what is the version of the AppStudio Desktop and AppStudio Player are testing with? 

Can you share the app or portion of the code so that I can try to see what is going on?

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

This is the stripped down qml file I was talking about....simple map an a combobox button.

In AppStudio for ArcGIS 

Click it and you can see values

when you select it does change the value in the combobox

then can click again

In Player

Click it and you can see values

when you select it does NOT change the value in the combobox

then cannot click again

AppStudio Player 4.0.20

AppStudio for ArcGIS 4.0.93

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I have the qml file in a project that was created from the Quick Report Template...maybe there is something else in there that is referencing something or hanging something up.....confused.  

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Jay, 

I tried putting the ComboBox code you shared as much as possible into a Hello World Runtime sample app inside a  MapView (except the __popupStyle section), and I could not reproduce the issue you described in AppStudio Player 4.0.20. I was able to get some sort of styling provided and I was able to make a selection then the value is changed. 

I have shared this app publicly with the name "Combobox Jay", you can search it in AppStudio Player to test it.  

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

It has to be something with the Quick Report Template interfering with my code.  I added this QML file to the template and added a new button on the landing page to get to it...

You ran this from a clean slate hello world example and it works...

Has to be something in the Quick Report Template then....so weird that everything works in the AppStudio for ArcGIS and not in the Player for me..hmmmmm  

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I tried this on my phone with AppStudio Player.  I could click the button and it would NOT change the text on the button.  But I could only do this once.  It would not let me repeat it?????

Going to test on another phone

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Can I download the Application that you uploaded?  or can you send it to me for testing.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Here it is 

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Something really weird is going on. I programmed a combobox button in my app. Everything works great while I am testing in AppStudio for ArcGIS, but it stops working when I test it in AppStudio Player. I am attaching the project test for this button...As simple as I can.

In Player:

The colors seem to come across on the initial load of the button

I can click the button, it drops down but the green colors are gone

I click the button to choose another text option it closes but it does not change the text

AND I can only do this once i cannot click on it again unless I close the application and reopen it.

Funny thing is that it works completely fine while testing with AppStudio for ArcGIS. All the colors and formatting are there.

0 Kudos