Code adding feature layer to button function for data collection

Jump to solution
03-06-2017 07:48 AM
RaulLeos
New Contributor II

Have created a map based on the template but I am also new on coding so can someone give me some assistance. Created a set of 6 buttons on main page and this buttons by pressing button data will be pushed to a database layer. Need some guidance can not find anything online. Your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Well you should definitely try our Add and edit features sample to see how it can be done (see the code within Qt creator). This is first sample available within the AppStudio desktop when creating a new app under Samples Category.   

Also I would suggest you to look at our QuickReport template application. It uses a feature service layer. This is a data collection app primarily used as a reporting tool to collect information both spatial and non-spatial and push it as a feature to the feature service layer. This works offline also. Plus supports ArcGIS OAuth2 based secured services and supports Points, Polylines and Polygons geometry. Please let me know if you need more information on this. Thanks

-Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Need more information from your end. Are you trying to create new feature in a ArcGIS feature service layer? Or trying to edit attributes? If yes please see our sample Add and Edit & LocalGeodatabase Editing.

If something else please provide more information such as workflow, what kind of data you are working with? Any feature service?

-Nakul

0 Kudos
RaulLeos
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to add new features to a ArcGIS feature service layer. The workflow is that during trash collection days driver can also inspect along the road for missing signs, potholes, weedy lots, etc. just by pressing a huge button from the app. The driver will be driving and pressing button only if an environmental issue is encountered. I hope I was as informative as possible.

thanks

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Well you should definitely try our Add and edit features sample to see how it can be done (see the code within Qt creator). This is first sample available within the AppStudio desktop when creating a new app under Samples Category.   

Also I would suggest you to look at our QuickReport template application. It uses a feature service layer. This is a data collection app primarily used as a reporting tool to collect information both spatial and non-spatial and push it as a feature to the feature service layer. This works offline also. Plus supports ArcGIS OAuth2 based secured services and supports Points, Polylines and Polygons geometry. Please let me know if you need more information on this. Thanks

-Nakul

0 Kudos