Changing the Basemap & Default Extent

Jump to solution
09-20-2018 08:09 PM
MitchellOgden
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm wanting to create a quick report app which allows users on my university campus to place points labeling an area as lacking in lighting. There are currently only two things which I would like to change before I think I can call it finished right now: the basemap and default extent. 

Simply,  I want to change the basemap from the default topographic to imagery, and to make the default extent of the map when the app is opened to be over the university campus instead of over the country. 

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mitchell, 

That map when you choose the location of the report is based on the Webmap ID that you provided in the Settings -> Properties -> Form. So if you change the basemap and the default extent in the Webmap in ArcGIS Online, it should be reflected in the Quick Report app. 

Hope it helps,

Erwin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mitchell, 

That map when you choose the location of the report is based on the Webmap ID that you provided in the Settings -> Properties -> Form. So if you change the basemap and the default extent in the Webmap in ArcGIS Online, it should be reflected in the Quick Report app. 

Hope it helps,

Erwin

0 Kudos