Can we customize and publish an app that was built from a sample app from GitHub on AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition)?

06-13-2017 10:44 PM
AlexChen
New Contributor III

I would like to extend and customize an app built from a sample from the ESRI AppStuio for ArcGIS GitHub on the AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition) program on my desktop computer.

A few questions for your advice and suggestions:

1. What development skills should I have? Qt, Java, .Net or C++.

2. As not all the potential users in my organization have an ArcGIS Online login (and they are not going to have one), how can I make the App avaiable for them? What if I can make all the feature services and web maps used in the App public accessible (shared with public)?

3. Do I need a Standard level license to be able to upload the customized App to ArcGIS Online so that I can build it there for distribution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KaushikMysorekar
New Contributor III

Hi,

1. What development skills should I have? Qt, Java, .Net or C++.

Ans: QML and JS constructs

2. As not all the potential users in my organization have an ArcGIS Online login (and they are not going to have one), how can I make the App avaiable for them? What if I can make all the feature services and web maps used in the App public accessible (shared with public)?

Ans: Yes, having services, webmaps or other items shared publicly would help.

3. Do I need a Standard level license to be able to upload the customized App to ArcGIS Online so that I can build it there for distribution?

Ans: Not sure about this one - hopefully someone from the team could answer this better but license level is generally determined by the underlying Runtime functionality your app uses.

nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you need a "Standard level license" for AppStudio desktop to build and upload your app and distribute.