Can't Use App Studio, Need An Alternative

11-07-2017 10:27 AM
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

My company is working to develop mobile apps based on the REST services (maps and geoprocessing tools) on our ArcGIS Server. The vendor we are contracting with has informed us that they won't accept apps developed with App Studio for ArcGIS. It's a government vendor, so I believe it's some kind of security issue. They are suggesting we use React Native to develop our apps. Will we be able to utilize our ArcGIS REST services in React Native? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry that you could not use the powerful capabilities of AppStudio, thank you for considering it. If you need any clarifications on any security related issues w.r.t AppStudio we will be happy to provide answers. We are not experts in React Native so cannot comment on whats possible or not with it.

Thank you.

Nakul

0 Kudos
JaysonWard
New Contributor III

Levi:

I'm not knowledgable with React Native, REST services work off POST and GET requests, so you should be able to connect and query the services via: Networking - React Native. You will have to do the research and testing on how to make this work with secured ArcGIS services however.

0 Kudos