AppStudio Player shows watermarks with a Lite-licensed app

Jump to solution
07-19-2017 08:09 AM
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Hi:

I'm using the Map Viewer template in Qt Creator and when I upload the app to ArcGIS Online via AppStdudio Desktop I still get watermarks when viewing the app in AppStudio Player on my iPhone. I don't get watermarks in the Desktop version of Player.

Please advise,

Matt English

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

When you apply the License Key from the Advanced Settings of the App. The water mark goes away. This is true when you use AppRun (run the app from the desktop) or run the build app on the device. However when running from Player it will always be watermarked. This is an expected behavior. I have licensed my app but on Player it appears like this.

When running in AppRun (from desktop) there is no water mark

If you checkout the About page in the Player it is mentioned that apps with Runtime 100.1 will always have a watermark.

We will include this information in our doc in next release as an enhancement.

Thanks,

Nakul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

When you apply the License Key from the Advanced Settings of the App. The water mark goes away. This is true when you use AppRun (run the app from the desktop) or run the build app on the device. However when running from Player it will always be watermarked. This is an expected behavior. I have licensed my app but on Player it appears like this.

When running in AppRun (from desktop) there is no water mark

If you checkout the About page in the Player it is mentioned that apps with Runtime 100.1 will always have a watermark.

We will include this information in our doc in next release as an enhancement.

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Please consider removing the watermark from Player - it's a really nice workflow we have right now for building and deploying native apps to the enterprise. This workflow is somewhat spoiled by that watermark.

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt,

Could you please provide more information or your business workflow? how does it affect your case?

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Not sure I understand. In the last screenshot above, is it saying that if I use cloud make then the watermark disappears? How do I consume the results of cloud make in Player? Do I have to upload the binary to ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

There are only two ways to view/run your app outside the AppStudio Desktop. 

- One within the Player

- Second installing the binaries and running a built app.

Once you provide the license key the built app won't have the watermark. Also the built app cannot be opened (run) from the Player. Hence you cannot consume the results of cloud make in Player.

When running within the Player all apps using Runtime 100.1 (or higher) components will always have the watermark.

I hope this helps!

Nakul

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Why are there watermarks in Player? We'd like to use Player to run apps, instead of distributing those apps through the various app stores.

Matt

0 Kudos