AppStudio: App publishing to AppStore (IOS)

Jump to solution
03-28-2022 12:00 PM
CrisjovanoGumaraes
New Contributor II

Hi, I am new in IOS.

I have created an application from Appstudio and I could publish it do Android (PlayStore). But I am fighting a lot to publish the same application to AppStore (IOS).

I have created a Mac virtual machine, the App account, certificate, profile name, ID, configured the application setting. I can make and download the .ipa file with no problem. But the process to publish the .ipa to Apple Store that I am not getting.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. What is the process flow to upload the application to appstore ?

The appstoreconnect ask for the Build

CrisjovanoGumaraes_0-1648493723613.png

CrisjovanoGumaraes_1-1648493758374.png

Should I use the Xcode to upload the .ipa to AppStore ? If yes, how can convert the qmlproject to xcode project.

thanks

Crisjovano

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gerhard
New Contributor III

@CrisjovanoGumaraes, have you tried Transporter? This works well for publishing .ipa files from MacOS. The Apple docs indicate this is also available on Windows, otherwise you could try installing it in your Mac VM?

Best,

Gerhard

View solution in original post

TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

@CrisjovanoGumaraes we recommend using the Transporter app to upload the .ipa files as stated by @Gerhard. It can be downloaded from the App Store. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @CrisjovanoGumaraes,

Take a look at our sign your app doc and  distribute your app doc to see the workflow for distributing your app to the different app stores. If you're still having trouble after reviewing these docs, please provide more details on what issues you're facing such as any errors, warning, etc. 

Best,

Trevor Frame

0 Kudos
CrisjovanoGumaraes
New Contributor II

Thanks Trevor. I have done all topics from the first link  sign your app doc

Now I need distribute the application to appstore.

Just a question. Should I build by application using the xCode ? I am not sure if I can import my AppStudio Qml project to xCode.

0 Kudos
Gerhard
New Contributor III

@CrisjovanoGumaraes, have you tried Transporter? This works well for publishing .ipa files from MacOS. The Apple docs indicate this is also available on Windows, otherwise you could try installing it in your Mac VM?

Best,

Gerhard
CrisjovanoGumaraes
New Contributor II

Howl, I could use Transporter. This worked perfectly. The problem was with my Mac OS virtual machine.

I created the VM again and the Transporter worked smoothly. Thanks a lot Gerhard.

0 Kudos
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

@CrisjovanoGumaraes we recommend using the Transporter app to upload the .ipa files as stated by @Gerhard. It can be downloaded from the App Store. 

0 Kudos
CrisjovanoGumaraes
New Contributor II

Thanks Trevor, it is working now with the Transporter. You and @Gerhard helped me a lot. Now I can sleep well. 🙂

0 Kudos