Add a project to AppStudio

Jump to solution
03-20-2018 10:10 PM
RussellTait4
New Contributor II

Using Trek2There with AppStudio 2.1, the template available New App/Enterprise is version 1.01.  I have the 3.5.0 version from GitHub downloaded and on my mac desktop - how do I add this to the AppStudio Project Browser - I don't see a way to Import/Open

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Short answer = copy the folder of files that you downloaded from github to C:\Users\username7\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Apps. The app will then appear in your AppStudio gallery.

Longer answer (and more appropriate) = dont copy the files from the repo. You really should be using the template that is available in AppStudio. Although you see version 1.0.1, the files that you are creating your app from are based upon Trek2There version 2.0 (you can see this in the side panel of the template when you create your app). The 3.0.x files you see in the repo are currently being changed and will have features in them that you will not be able to use in the currently released AppStudio 2.0. AppStudio 3.0 is on its way, hence we are updating Trek2There to make use of some new features. And when AppStudio 3.0 is released, we will update the template for Trek2There in AppStudio to 3.0.x.

Saying all of this if you really do need to download files from the repo, we recommend you still create an app from the template in AppStudio - this way you get the correct appinfo.json and iteminfo.json files generated - and then copy over the qml files in this folder with the ones you download from github.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Short answer = copy the folder of files that you downloaded from github to C:\Users\username7\ArcGIS\AppStudio\Apps. The app will then appear in your AppStudio gallery.

Longer answer (and more appropriate) = dont copy the files from the repo. You really should be using the template that is available in AppStudio. Although you see version 1.0.1, the files that you are creating your app from are based upon Trek2There version 2.0 (you can see this in the side panel of the template when you create your app). The 3.0.x files you see in the repo are currently being changed and will have features in them that you will not be able to use in the currently released AppStudio 2.0. AppStudio 3.0 is on its way, hence we are updating Trek2There to make use of some new features. And when AppStudio 3.0 is released, we will update the template for Trek2There in AppStudio to 3.0.x.

Saying all of this if you really do need to download files from the repo, we recommend you still create an app from the template in AppStudio - this way you get the correct appinfo.json and iteminfo.json files generated - and then copy over the qml files in this folder with the ones you download from github.

RussellTait4
New Contributor II

Perfect answer - thanks for the speedy response.  It works. I had tried this, but if the the project folder is nested inside another folder (and placed in the ...AppStudio/Apps/ folder) it does not appear.

One more thing - the reason I started looking at GitHub, is that the template 2.0 version does NOT contain the #67 fix for the Back Button on the "SettingsView" page.  As I understand it, the onClicked method (at line 90) should read 

onClicked: {
if(destinationLatitude.acceptableInput && destinationLongitude.acceptableInput){
requestedDestination = (destinationLatitude.length > 0 && destinationLongitude.length > 0) ? QtPositioning.coordinate(destinationLatitude.text, destinationLongitude.text) : null;
}
Qt.inputMethod.hide();
mainStackView.pop();

}

ie remove the 2 lines with reference to "previousItem"

great app

thanks

(btw I am testing AppStudio 3 too)

0 Kudos