Feature Data Grid

09-15-2011 12:18 PM
JerryBiedenbender
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to incorporate the feature data grid into my application and the one in the samples seems to be very buggy when I use it. Does anyone have some cleaned up code for a feature data grid?

Thanks,
Jerry
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GarimaVyas
New Contributor
Jerry,

I am not sure what exactly are you looking for. Implementation of FeatureDataGrid is as simple as dropping the tag and binding the map and graphics/feature layer. If you could explain what is buggy or what you are trying to implement, we might be able to address specific questions.
0 Kudos
JerryBiedenbender
New Contributor
I am using this code...

<esri:FeatureDataGrid Grid.Row="2" x:Name="MyDataGrid"
    Map="{Binding ElementName=MyMap}"
    GraphicsLayer="{Binding ElementName=MyMap, Path=Layers.[Dispatch]}" />

Regardless of how I have it sized it takes up half of the screen and every time I open the map it doubles my assets. Also after starting the web map a few times I had thousands of assets in my dispatch layer, It doubles my layer each startup.

Jerry
0 Kudos
GarimaVyas
New Contributor
Jerry,

The size should follow the row definition size you specified for the grid's third row. I am assuming that it is not set to "*". However, I will be interested in finding out if it doesn't.
Secondly, the FeatureDataGrid has no control over adding/removing features, unless you are adding the feature layer in one of the event handlers involved. Please check where and how the dispatch layer is added to the map.
0 Kudos
JerryBiedenbender
New Contributor
I resolved the problem thanks, I only had two grids, I added a third one and set that sizes correctly.

Thanks for your help,
Jerry
0 Kudos