writeablebitmap has protected content. how to solve?

04-13-2013 03:16 AM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor
how to solve "writeablebitmap has protected content. pixel access is not allowed." issue ?

any idea ?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhilipKnight1
Occasional Contributor
This thread has some good stuff in it: [HTML]http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/20903-Export-map-to-png[/HTML]

but from what I quickly googled, the biggest issue with thsi seem sot be that in silverlight you can't get a screendump of something that is not in the same domain as the xap you are using.
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
the biggest issue with thsi seem sot be that in silverlight you can't get a screendump of something that is not in the same domain as the xap you are using.

As noticed in the referenced thread, the workaround might be to use the ProxyUrl property to push the tiles through the proxy so it will look like it comes from the same domain.
0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor
As noticed in the referenced thread, the workaround might be to use the ProxyUrl property to push the tiles through the proxy so it will look like it comes from the same domain.

HI..Thanks for reply..

Well, I am not sure for how to use ProxyURl property..? any samples or steps how to use Proxypage in silverlight ?

my project is in same domain only but even though i am getting this error ..i tried the best but not getting it exactly how to solve it?
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
Well, I am not sure for how to use ProxyURl property..? any samples or steps how to use Proxypage in silverlight ?

my project is in same domain only but even though i am getting this error ..i tried the best but not getting it exactly how to solve it?

You can run into this problem as soon as your tiles are coming from another domain (which is most generally the case)
You'll find some info about setting a proxy in this Silverlight viewer documentation (but you don't need to set up a token if your servcies are not secured)
0 Kudos