Project Templates Stopped Working

05-25-2010 04:23 AM
DonnieHolmes
New Contributor III
I have a silverlight solution that is based on the ESRI Standard Template. Yesterday, it started to fail when compiling and gave me the error - "XAML Namespace http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008 is not resolved". Which doesn't appear to have to do with anything that i've modified in the template.

Upon further inspection, creating a project from scratch using the ESRI Templates no longer behaves as expected. In Expression blend it simply won't compile & in VS2010 nothing renders in the design view (although the app will launch from vs2010). I have tried uninstall/reinstall of the ESRI Silverlight/WPF SDK as well as all the dependencies (VS2010 w/ silverlight 4 tools, Blend4) only to experience the same results.

At this point, I'm kind of stuck without access to any sort of designer. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeTischler
New Contributor II
I've been having similar issues.  In Expressions Blend 4 RC, I can no longer build the project without errors.  The <UserControl> tag ...the very first line in the XAML...has an "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component" error.  If I mouse over the curly line, I get some more info like

at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)

which, sadly, doesn't mean that much to me.
0 Kudos
MikeTischler
New Contributor II
Forgive me, but I'm not sure at which known issue I'm supposed to look.  The most relevant on the page that you linked to references .NET Framework.  I have .NET Framework 3.5, and am still running into this issue.
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
There's only one known issue listed 🙂
0 Kudos
MikeTischler
New Contributor II
Duh...

I kept reading the blog posts, instead of looking at the big friggen tag that said "KNOWN ISSUES".

Sorry!
0 Kudos