Need develop some custom tools such as zoom in , out ...

06-09-2015 07:13 AM
LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

I need to develop some custom tools on map..such as zoom in, zoom out, filters and many more.

I need to develop this in silverlight .

I don't know where to start from.

How to proceed?

Currently I have VS 2010

Need Help!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus
LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

thanks for your materials!!!

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I created a .NET application against the JavaScript API and created custom tools. You can check out my code behind. Perhaps that will help: csergent45/SOA-Final · GitHub

I code in VB.NET so if you want or need to convert the code to C#, you can do it here: Convert C# to VB.NET - A free code conversion tool - developer Fusion

The good news is that if your are comfortable with Visual Studio, you can still develop in it in JavaScript. And there is a lot of support for it online and in the GeoNet forums to help you along the way.

LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

thanks for your input,!! but who add your code in Visual Studio and visualize the application?

Regards,

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Are you new to Visual Studio? I can do a quick screen recording if you want to see how to run it using the JavaScript API.

LucianaArrúa
New Contributor III

yes, I'm new in VS....

Please, thanks .... I need help about this ...

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Here is a screen recording that I show you how to create a single page site in Visual Studio and then run a code example by Esri. You may want to turn the volume of your PC up while listening.

You can check out the Esri tutorial how to create the page in steps:

Build your first application | Guide | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Also if you are going to the Esri User Conference, they are an introductory session to the JavaScript API, that you should find helpful; more than one if you need it to take it all in.