Lock request conflicts with an established lock after updating to 10.1

04-12-2013 08:09 AM
tandrews
New Contributor II
Hi all,
I'm in the process of cutting over from 10.0 to 10.1.  In the new 10.1 environment I'm finding that when performing more than one update to a feature via my Silverlight application I'm receiving this error:

{Error code '400': 'Unable to complete operation.'
Lock request conflicts with an established lock [dbo.DEFAULT]}

After some yet to be determined timespan the lock will release and I'll be able to perform the subsequent edit.  I never experienced this behavior in 10.0, I understand that this could be a configuration issue with the feature services that have been deployed but I'm on the development side of the equation and have little to no knowledge regarding configuration and publishing of those services.  Anyone have any idea why this may be occurring or how I may be able to best correct or troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
14 Replies
BrianBorg1
New Contributor II

We are facing the same issue.  Any one managed to find the cause of this issue and the solution please?

0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

This seems to be a question for ArcGIS Server Team (FeatureServices). Upon forwarding your question to them, these were their follow-up questions.

I assume that the data is versioned.

If multiple people are editing the same data at the same time then this error can happen. The code should re-attempt several times before getting the error.

For this one user, can they repro this issue easily?  If so, can you send is the logs?

Have they versioned the data between 10.0 and 10.1?  Or have they increased the load on the server between 10.0 and 10.1?

Thanks.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
JonBeets1
New Contributor II

After trying several things I was able to resolve this issue for myself. Turns out the feature attribute fields were not formatted correctly when I created them and when the web server was accessing them is assumed correctly formatted fields thus locking up the database when it tried to write to the database.  I deleted the feature datasets then recreated them in the database and the problem disappeared.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-pKf68H-QZnoZ
New Contributor

I know this is an older post, but it is still a relevant issue.

The solution is to login to the ArcGIS server manager, edit the map service you're experiencing issues with, click on parameters, and uncheck " 

JoanKeene
New Contributor

Exactly what I needed! Thanks. 

0 Kudos