Select to view content in your preferred language

Legend and SOAP method

05-27-2010 03:24 AM
LanceCrumbliss
Frequent Contributor
hi all,

i've been using the SOAP method to return legend images for a while now.  i've noticed lately that on occasion, while the GetLegendInfo() method successfully executes on the server and returns to the client app the URL's pointing to the png files created on the server's arcgisoutput directory, that sometimes the png files are not actually created.  fiddler of course will show a 404 error for each image attempted to be retrieved.  it usually happens after the method has been called on the same service several times .  maybe 20 or so over the course of 3 or 4 hours...i noticed this issue while debugging the app.  of course, debugging hits the map service and makes the SOAP call.  it will eventually right itself, but again, it may take several hours.  restarting the map service, server, or reloading the client app doesn't resolve the issue.  what would be the cause of this?

lance
0 Kudos
21 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
There is a forum dedicated to the JS API : http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/15-ArcGIS-API-for-JavaScript.
Please post your question in this forum. More chance to get an answer there.
0 Kudos
CameronIrvine
Emerging Contributor
Hi,

On a slightly different tangent, I am using the SOAP Legend in my Silverlight application (have yet to upgrade to silverlight 2.0) and recently I applied security and now I get the following error 'Unable to generate legends: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.' 

I have tried to use both credentials and usedefaultcredentials in the webclient class but neither of them seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Cameron
0 Kudos