Select to view content in your preferred language

Error with proxy handler

08-23-2010 12:54 PM
BryanLynn
Deactivated User
I have a Silverlight 4 application using 2.0 Silverlight API and I get the following error messages in VS when I run the app:

A first chance exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
An exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code
The thread '<No Name>' (0x16dc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread '<No Name>' (0xef8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Everything seems to run OK but it I get the error for every REST request I make.  Therefore, when I load something like a TOC control with 4 mapservices and several layers the errors really start to pile up.

I have been using the same .ashx file (which is a modified version of the ESRI example) I used with a javascript app could this be causing the problem?

Is this an error I should be concerned about (typically don't like to deploy apps when I know they are generating errors)?

Thanks
Bryan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
A first-chance exception just means an error was caught in a try/catch block, so usually this is nothing to worry about.

If you want to pinpoint where the exceptions are occurring, you can select the Debug->Exceptions menu item, and in the dialog that appears, check the first checkbox for "Common Language Runtime Exceptions". This will make the debugger break as soon as an exception occurs instead of only breaking on unhandled exceptions.
0 Kudos