3.2 And ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer  MinimumResolution Property

04-15-2014 08:30 AM
LanceCrumbliss
Occasional Contributor II
In 3.1, an ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer with MinimumResolution set to 0 in a Map with SnapToLevels set to False allowed the map to zoom in past the highest ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer LOD and still show the ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer, albeit somewhat blurred of course.  However, in 3.2 the ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer disappears after zooming in past the highest LOD.  This only occurred after upgrading to 3.2. Nothing changed in the code.  Any ideas?

Lance
0 Kudos
20 Replies
LanceCrumbliss
Is this a bug?  If so, is there a workaround?  It's sort of a big deal with our application.
0 Kudos
LanceCrumbliss
Is there anyone from ESRI that can confirm this happens to them too?
0 Kudos
LanceCrumbliss
Please, can anyone at ESRI confirm this is a bug and if so, suggest a workaround?
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Occasional Contributor III
You ever find a way around this? When we upgraded to 10.2 of the WPF API we are now experiencing this issue as well and our users are not liking it. It was either that upgrade or ESRI changed something with their services... either way, ArcMap does not have these issues so I'm hoping there is just some property to get around this limitation.

Thanks for any info.
0 Kudos
AhmedEl-Sisi
Check this sample, It may help you.
0 Kudos
SebastienPelletier
Occasional Contributor

The hyperlink of the sample no longer seems to work is it possible to repost please

0 Kudos
LanceCrumbliss
Check this sample, It may help you.

Since I first saw that sample upon release, I've always wondered if that was the unspoken workaround for this issue.  If so, it is most unfortunate to have to rely on that method when it used to be a simple matter of booleans.  My hope is that there will be a point release addressing it.  Probably never happen though, as the scuttlebut is that no further development on the ESRI Silverlight API is happening.  In the meantime, we've gone back to 3.1 as there was no compelling reason to stay with 3.2.
0 Kudos
dmacq
by
New Contributor III
We're having a similar issue with the ESRI World Street Map.

Prior to v3.2, the tiles load fine when zooming in beyond 1:1128. This includes No Data tiles, for which we've implemented the code in the NoDataTile sample posted above. Now, in 3.2, the base map just disappears when zooming in beyond 1:1128. No tiles are loaded, thus not event is triggered, rendering the NoDataTile code useless. Users just get a white screen when they go beyond the extents of our overlayed cached map.

Can anybody offer up a solution? We've implemented some of the new for 3.2 features, so going back isn't really a good option.
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Thanks for the info cc4ever but as drewgis mentioned we are having the same problem in that the event is never called...
0 Kudos