Replica synchronization works with ArcSDESQLExecute?

01-13-2017 06:02 AM
INFODIMEE
New Contributor

I use python to apply some changes in a feature class in an Enterprise Geodatabase on SQL server 2014 using ArcSDESQLExecute. Then, I use a replica I created to "Synchronize those changes" from the database on SQL server to another Geodatbase on Oracle 12c. But even though the synchronization completes with no error the changes are not transferred.

However, when I apply the same changes using ArcMAP and field calculator the Synhronization works fine and the changes are transferred normally.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looping in the https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=b4a212b8-db67-480c-a5de-7173640067b...‌ folks.  I understand what you are trying to do, I just haven't seen this particular workflow before, so I am not sure if what you are seeing is expected or a bug.  In the SQL you are executing on the SQL Server side, are you using versioned views or executing against the base tables?

0 Kudos
INFODIMEE
New Contributor

The feature class I am editing is registered as versioned, so my sql expression looks like this:

SQL_expressions = "UPDATE sde.mytable_EVW SET PARCEL_LABEL = 'FINALCHECK19'"

and after the connection .execute I can see the edit has been passed normally into the delta tables.

0 Kudos