Query the maximum number of User Types that exist in an ArcGIS Online subscription

Jump to solution
a week ago
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

we ask ourselves whether it is possible to query the maximum number of user types that exist in an ArcGIS Online subscription.

We have already found the function that returns the current number of assigned user types. Our goal is to determine how many user types are available per user type-category.

This is the function that returns the current number of assigend user types:

Sven_Harpering_0-1714137551945.png

Best

Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

You can retrieve your available user types, and the numbers of each included in your subscription, from your organization's gis properties, i.e., gis.properties.subscriptionInfo.userLicenseTypes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hey @JakeSkinner,

thanks! I'm not entirely sure of the documentary. The example shows the report explicitly for ArcGIS Pro licenses. Can this be translated into user types? Somehow I'm missing the idea right now.

Best

Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

You can retrieve your available user types, and the numbers of each included in your subscription, from your organization's gis properties, i.e., gis.properties.subscriptionInfo.userLicenseTypes.

Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hey @PeterKnoop, thanks! Works fine! 🙂

0 Kudos
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Thanks @JakeSkinner and @PeterKnoop. Over the weekend I found another solution 😀.

licenses= gis.users.license_types
for license in licenses:
    print(license["id"], license["name"], license["maxUsers"])

This returns:

advancedUT Advanced 2255
creatorUT Creator 2255
editorUT Editor 2255
fieldWorkerUT Mobile Worker 2255
GISProfessionalAdvUT GIS Professional Advanced 2255
GISProfessionalBasicUT GIS Professional Basic 2255
GISProfessionalStdUT GIS Professional Standard 2255
IndoorsUserUT Indoors User 451000
insightsAnalystUT Insights Analyst 0
storytellerUT Storyteller 0
viewerUT Viewer 2255
0 Kudos