Python API not showing dependent map layers

Jump to solution
07-24-2017 12:52 PM
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to use the Python API to see the dependent map layers in some of my organization's web maps.  I am following the "Finding relationships between items: Relationship between web map items" on the ArcGIS API for Python Guide documentation.

I made a pretty standard web map with just two layers in it: one feature layer hosted on my organization's AGO account and one map service coming for my organization's stand-alone server that has been registered as at item on the AGO.

I used pretty similar variables to the documentation when testing (please see attached image).  However, the "dependent.upon()" method does not return any results.  According the documentation, it should be returning at least the basemap which is a standard esri basemap and the same one that is returned by the method in the help documentation. Am I missing something?

16 Replies
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

For ESRI: When do you plan to have this implemented for AGOL?

Tags (2)
GISCleanteq
New Contributor II

So this capability is still not available for AGOL?

0 Kudos
Roxana_ElenaUrdea
New Contributor III

Hi! Are there any news about this topic?

The latest version of arcgis api 1.8.5 still does not offer this capability and it would be very useful to have it (still waiting since 2017)!

Heath2
by
New Contributor

Yep this is a joke waiting for 5 years for this update.
I guess its an ESRI business decision to not assist users managing AGOL data as the more data online, the more credits used and the more money made.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also waiting for an answer from ESRI!

When are you going to enable this capability for AGOL?

0 Kudos
SimonWebster
Occasional Contributor

Now going on 7 years.

0 Kudos
Josh-R
by
New Contributor III

Please add this capability; it would be very useful. Thanks!

0 Kudos