Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish a Spatially Enabled DataFrame as a Feature Layer

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (2)
John_Herrera
New Contributor III

Hello!

I've encountered a problem publishing a spatially enabled dataframe as a hosted feature layer.  The sdf is the result of joining two sdf's on a common field name.  I've tried the following:

#1 feature_layer = sdf.spatial.to_featurelayer(title = 'jointest', gis=gis)

#2 feature_layer = sdf.spatial.to_featurelayer('jointest')

The only description of the error is, "Job failed."  Although it reports that the job failed, an empty hosted feature layer item is created and errors out when trying to view the Data option from the item's Overview page. In addition to the empty feature layer, the second output is a file geodatabase.  The point feature class and attribute table are perfect.

My environment is ArcGIS Pro v3.3/ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal) v11.1.  Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey @John_Herrera ,

Are you able to publish the source data (i.e., one of the datasets without joining anything to it)? Just trying to see if this is a general publishing problem or something directly related to the join.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey @John_Herrera ,

Are you able to publish the source data (i.e., one of the datasets without joining anything to it)? Just trying to see if this is a general publishing problem or something directly related to the join.

John_Herrera
New Contributor III

Doing some additional testing, I believe I have a general publishing issue here.  For example, I cannot export to feature layer a sdf created from a querying a sdf.  I'll be opening a support case with Esri on this.  I can publish lots of stuff, just not SDFs.  LOL!  Thank you again for your time.  It's greatly appreciated!

EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

My pleasure @John_Herrera . Hope you can figure out and fix whatever's wrong!

0 Kudos
John_Herrera
New Contributor III

My organization has both AGOL and Portal.  I ran my code in the AGOL environment and the joined SeDFs successfully published (unknowingly consumed credits 👎).  I ran the same code in the Portal environment and the code threw an exception, "No batch geocoding service found."

I do have locators via Streetmap Premium and a batch geocoder service on our Portal.  I'm trying to gain some insight as to why Portal and AGOL are both needing a geocoding service when the XY fields are in the SeDF?  Additionally, when these shapefiles/tables are initially published to Portal/AGOL no geocoding service is never needed.  I'm republishing published data.

0 Kudos