Modify Capabilities on Feature Layer

06-15-2017 12:03 PM
HNoakes
Esri Contributor

I'm trying to change capabilities of a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online and I'm not having much success. I have followed the guide for updating feature layer properties but I am not seeing the update being made to the hosted layer. I've attached a screen capture of my notebook.

Any ideas what's going on?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the screenshot, you are connecting to ArcGIS Online as an anonymous user (without username and password). Is that your real script, or, have you removed it just for this screenshot?

Unless you are either an administrator, or owner of the feature layer collection, you cannot modify the capabilities.

0 Kudos
HNoakes
Esri Contributor

I have removed my credentials for the screen capture, I am both the owner and administrator of that item.

0 Kudos
HNoakes
Esri Contributor

I'm also getting an error now when I try to enable editing in ArcGIS Online. Unable to update feature service definition.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible this service was published by a different user, perhaps in a different org? In this case, you created a layer item whose url points to this service. In such cases, you cannot modify the definition of the original feature layer.

0 Kudos
HNoakes
Esri Contributor

The service was published by me, in my organizational account using my credentials. I am the owner. It is looking like when I use the ArcGIS API for Python to attempt to change the capabilities I am corrupting something and then cannot even make changes on the hosted feature layer using the ArcGIS Online user interface. 

0 Kudos