Select to view content in your preferred language

Is the only way to use the API for python through a Developer ($5kUSD/year) subscription?

yesterday
Labels (2)
renew_gis
New Contributor

Last year, I was able to generate OAuth tokens and use the Developer tools without issue. I took some time away from development activities and am understanding that there were changes in licensing structure since then. I am confused by the shuffle to location services and if there are any other licenses in the ESRI ecosystem that offer access to the developer tools, aside from this new Developer subscription. Can anyone clarify?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

I've only ever used a USERNAME and PASSWORD, like this

from arcgis.gis import GIS
gis = GIS(url=Config.PORTAL_URL, username=Config.PORTAL_USER, password=Config.PORTAL_PASSWORD, api_key=Config.PORTAL_KEY)
print("Logged in.")

This would be with Config.USERNAME set to my "Creator" level account so I can publish services.

So, no special developer license. Just ability to run Python and to access an "Enterprise" Portal. I think you could use any "Enterprise" server and access its services that are shared without any username or password, just the URL. If you leave out the URL it defaults to ArcGIS Online. For example

Brian_Wilson_0-1721243515534.png

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

I wanted to learn exactly what comes with that $5000 bundle but the page returns a 404 right now...

https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-for-developers/buy

All the links on the developer site say FREE FREE FREE. At least, free for starters.

Maybe you have a better link for the $5K bundle? Not that I am in the market, just curious what they offer.

I had a license for testing my own copy of "Enterprise" for a year for $1800. Ultimately it was not worth it to me but I did learn a lot.

0 Kudos