Feature Layer Calculate Timeout Error Code 400

11-27-2019 10:36 AM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

How to overcome the timeout error 400 that is hindering a perfectly good request.  I can enter the same commands on the command line and they work alright.  But the script is  ending in timeout!  I feel like a little child being put on a timeout with no reasonable cause. I can run the same command while in a Pythn debug session and it perfectly executes. In fact I trap the error and right then I execute the command at the debug session command line and there is no timeout error at all. The feature layer has about 2000 records and I am just calculating a single column.  Is there anyway to have the process repeat by parsing the error code 

I get this error message when executing from a script either in a manually run python script or using a windows task scheduler of the same script.

resultupd1 = wmlnclyrsects.calculate(where=qryStr0,calc_expression={"field" : fldx , "value" : valx})
Error message : Unable to calculate fields.
Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
(Error Code: 400)      

The error code 400 is meant to be a bad request as per the code definition in this link Platform error codes—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers 

What can I do to mitigate the problem.  

0 Kudos
0 Replies