Select to view content in your preferred language

Extract_changes returning 'esriDataChangesResponseTypeEdits' but all edit types are empty

03-21-2024 08:03 PM
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

I have a layer being used in Survey123, which I am trying to evaluate automatically for changes to the data. I have read the extract_changes documentation and have successfully gotten the layer to tell me that changes have been made. At least that's how I'm interpreting 'responseType':'esriDataChangesResponseTypeEdits'. But then, the full response looks like this: 

{'layerServerGens': [{'id': 0, 'serverGen': 48223929}], 
'transportType': 'esriTransportTypeUrl', 
'responseType': 'esriDataChangesResponseTypeEdits', 
'edits': [{'id': 0, 'features': 
{'adds': [], 'updates': [], 'deletes': []}}]}

Another interesting thing to note is that the serverGen value is different on this response than when I navigate to the service's json using the parameters '?f=pjson&returnUpdate=true'. 

Has anyone seen this issue before? It looks like this is common but I haven't found a solution that works yet. 

----

Edited to add: I have been adding records, running the script, then deleting records and running the script again and nothing ever changes except the serverGen. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Clubdebambos
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @MaryGraceMcClellan 

Have you checked the 'keep track of changes to the data' in your feature service settings?

Clubdebambos_0-1712063934923.png

It would also be very helpful to post the code you are attempting.

Cheers,

Glen

~ learn.finaldraftmapping.com
0 Kudos