Display Map in Visual Studio 2017 Python Environment

02-22-2019 06:20 AM
HaoYe1
by
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am currently developing data tool using ArcGIS for Python under Visual Studio 2017 Python environment.

I have already installed the arcgis package and  used the API. The only problem is that there is no widgets displaying the map (similar to Jupyter Notebook). It just shows the MapView object and I try to use plt.plot() and display() from IPython and they does not work. I am wandering is there any way to display the map in this environment?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think the map widget can be displayed outside of IPython and Jupyter environment. 

I normally develop relatively complicated code in my IDE and paste it back in notebook to see the visual effects.

but I am no IPython widget expert, and not clear about the mechanism that are being used in displaying the widgets, I can only imagine the widgets are represented as a bundle of JS and HTML in the browser so that I can be displayed.

0 Kudos
HaoYe1
by
New Contributor

Many thanks for letting me know. I tried to install the map widget in visual studio but I cannot. Hopefully, ESRI would provide some support for the IDE environment outside of Jupyter Notebook.

0 Kudos