conda update conda

09-21-2020 12:51 AM
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

I recently updated ArcPro to version 2.6.1 since then, notebooks is not taking any conda instruction.

I have been through all discussed in this post, unistalled and installed both ArcPro and Anaconda multiple time but still get whenever I do any conda install or conda update.

'conda' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Note: you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages.

Is this a version bug or I completely missed something? Your help will highly be appreciated.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can't update conda in arcgis pro's conda environment.... period. 

You can update packages in that environment, but it has to be activated prior to doing updates.  For most people, that is their cloned environment.

You can "manage" your conda environment using the Project backstage from within arcgis pro is you wish.. or at least check to see what environment you have activated.

... sort of retired...
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

@Dan Patterson Thanks. I resorted to this when my cloned environment could not pick up azure-blob-storage though Anaconda on the same pc was working ok. Usually, I add libraries to ArcPro notebooks by going to settings and searching python libraries and installing to the cloned environment. If I cant use conda install -c conda-forge azure-storage-blob to update and it is not available in the python arcpro searchable libraries what options do I have?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I did a  conda install -c blah blah blah --dry-run

so it wouldn't install and it pretty well wanted to obliterate all versions of the packages in the esri, free and other channels with those from conda-forge.

I don't know if you did that before, but I wouldn't recommend mixing an arcgis pro conda installation with something that isn't available in the channels supported by it.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

@Dan Patterson in the course of searching for a solution, I have oblitarated  versions leading into multiple reinstalls. I learnt it the hard way.

I have downloade and reinstalled ARCPRO from my esri. Cloned the environment and now can see azure blob-storage. It installs fine but lists dependents

First I searched and installed all the dependents. Running it returned;

From a google, it highlighted there was possibly multiple modules names starting  wit azure. I did a new clone and installed  azure-storage-blob alone but the error is still same.

As stated, this works perfectly well in conda but I desparately need it running in arcpro to leverage geoprocessing capabilities. Any help?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support might have come across a similar case

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wwnde
by
Occasional Contributor

@Dan Patterson , @Ionut Alixandroae This could potentially be a bug. 

Initially, I was missing the three libraries  highlighted in Yellow.

I reinstalled ArcPRO, cloned the environment and searched and installed the libraries through the Python Package Manager.

Seaborn and pyodbc worked alright. The one cycled in red (azure.storage.blob) didn’t work even after I followed through and installed its dependents.

When I refresh installed packages, Seaborn and pyodbc    appear. However,  azure.storage.blob doesn't.

How can I get ESRI to look into this?

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Did anyone ever figured this out?!?

I'm running into now, and cannot seem to get the azure.storage module installed either?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

don't use it or know but...

it says you need....

Prerequisites

first one is easy, so can we assume that you have the other 2?

azure-storage-blob · PyPI 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

Yes, the actual Azure side of things isn't the issue, and the system has Python 2.7 and this is a fresh install of ArcGIS Pro as well.

The problem(s) seems to be:

1. The Conda environment in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2 is not showing the updated Azure modules in it's Add Packages list
  2. Even after I successfully install the azure.storage.blob module into the cloned Conda environment, Pro isn't seeing/recognizing it, which result in the OptimizeRaster tools not working either

0 Kudos