Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Python API & Ipywidget compatability

09-18-2023 09:57 AM
ZacharyHart
Honored Contributor

On this particular device, I'm running a standalone install of miniconda 23.7.3 (no ArcGIS Pro environment). 

This comes with ArcGIS 2.1.0.3. According to the Esri documentation, "your installed ArcGIS API for Python version must EXACTLY match this installed arcgis-map-ipywidget"

According to the GitHub wiki for the ArcGIS API, the latest version is 2.0.0 (February 2022).

When I install Jupyter Lab and attempt to install the ArcGIS map ipywidget extension via Jupyter Lab, it installs v1.8.1.

the Jupyter Labextension update command has been deprecated. 

Has the development on the API ceased? The last update appears to be >1.5 years ago.

Is there a way to get the extension/widget to work with Jupyter Lab and the latest ArcGIS API??

1 Reply
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Zachary,

I have not personally used this but it does sound like this may have been depreciated.

I cannot find any reference to this, so if you have access to Technical Support I would raise this with your distributor. They can work with the ArcGIS API for Python team to have this updated.

Alternatively the following exercise does have a feedback form at the bottom if you have a GitHub account which you could raise this too.

Hope that helps!

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos