ArcGIS API for Python using ArcGIS Engine?

Jump to solution
11-02-2021 08:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

we have an ArcGIS Engine 10.8.1 installation to use with FME Server. Now we want to use the ArcGIS API for Python to connect to ArcGIS Online/Enterprise instances using simple python scripts. So far to utilize the arcpy package we used the python installation that comes with ArcGIS Engine.

The ArcGIS Engine installation does however not come with Python 3 (like ArcGIS Pro or Server). I already tried installing miniconda and the arcgis and arcpy packages. The arcgis package installed successfully, but when trying to install arcpy I get following error:

"ImportError: Unable to locate a valid Pro or Server installation to use with ArcPy. ArcPy must be installed, and match the version of the package used."

Since we want to utilize the arcgis and arcpy package in the same script I also need to have arcpy installed.

Has anyone any idea on how to get it working with ArcGIS Engine?

Kind regards,

Alexander Zeller

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The answer in this case was to simply install ArcGIS Pro and log into it once. We will see if this solution is stable or needs additional logins in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The answer in this case was to simply install ArcGIS Pro and log into it once. We will see if this solution is stable or needs additional logins in the future.

0 Kudos