Anaconda Jupyter Notebook Layout

Jump to solution
01-21-2022 06:28 AM
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Sorry for posting a question that is not strictly ArcGIS related (although I'm using arcpy in my script): My Jupyter Notebook launched from Anaconda is looking strange these days. When an ipynb file is opened, it now looks like this. Many buttons are gone such as the stop button. Did I mistyped something and changed the layout?

fGwTo

It used to look like this (I found this screenshot online).

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

second icon to the right of "CellToolbar"  I have an option to add the run toolbar.

I tend to use JupyterLab rather than Notebook outside of Pro, there are more options.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

AmilynnAdams
New Contributor III

Y'ALL!  If you missed the simple/clean Jupyter Notebook interface, good news...this was a bug that was finally fixed in Pro 2.9.2:

Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000144913 - After the installation of ArcGIS Pro 2.9, when Jupyter Notebook is opened on the browser, the menu bar is missing.

Current Information:
Public Explanation: This patch fix applies to the arcgispro-py3 environment. To get the desired behavior, users will need to first update to Pro 2.9.2, then either re-create the clone (getting the fixes from arcgispro-py3) or run “conda upgrade jupyter_contrib_nbextensions” in any affected custom environments.
Workaround:

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

second icon to the right of "CellToolbar"  I have an option to add the run toolbar.

I tend to use JupyterLab rather than Notebook outside of Pro, there are more options.

... sort of retired...
Boyang_Wang

I did not find the option but I now have JupyterLab installed and running. Thank you for letting me know about this. I am new to Notebook so I never thought that it could be an outdated product. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

interesting to browse the Jupyter project in its entirety when you have time....

Jupyter Project Documentation — Jupyter Documentation 4.1.1 alpha documentation

... sort of retired...
AmilynnAdams
New Contributor III

Y'ALL!  If you missed the simple/clean Jupyter Notebook interface, good news...this was a bug that was finally fixed in Pro 2.9.2:

Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000144913 - After the installation of ArcGIS Pro 2.9, when Jupyter Notebook is opened on the browser, the menu bar is missing.

Current Information:
Public Explanation: This patch fix applies to the arcgispro-py3 environment. To get the desired behavior, users will need to first update to Pro 2.9.2, then either re-create the clone (getting the fixes from arcgispro-py3) or run “conda upgrade jupyter_contrib_nbextensions” in any affected custom environments.
Workaround:

Boyang_Wang

I didn't realize that it was related to the environment. I thought I accidently had the menu bar removed. Thanks for letting us know this fix! 

0 Kudos
JacqueHamilton
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, I have tried all the above mentioned and even the upgrade did not work for me.  I still have this...

JacqueHamilton_0-1646850406674.png

0 Kudos