Select to view content in your preferred language

Alternatives for Cloning Data between AGOL and Enterprise Portal?

a month ago
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

We are currently moving all our ArcGIS Online data to a ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 deployment and are having an issue with a few hosted feature services that were created with Survey123 Connect on ArcGIS Online.  We were able to move 90% of our data using clone_items() from the ArcGIS API for Python; however, a few services were created sometime ago using Survey123 Connect and the fieldnames utilize camel case.  These will either fail to clone to our portal or will clone but we cannot view the data.  It is my understanding that only lowercase fieldnames are supported on hosted feature service to Portal for ArcGIS.

The problematic feature services without attachments or related tables we were able to be export as shapefiles and import into our Enterprise deployment after resolving the fieldnames.  However, we cannot find a workaround for the features with photo attachments or related tables used in repeats.  We can export a zipped GDB to be opened in ArcGIS Pro but there is not a means to import/export this into our Portal with all the related data. 

Any suggestions or workflows to move/import this data ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you expand on what you mean by "We can export a zipped GDB to be opened in ArcGIS Pro but there is not a means to import/export this into our Portal with all the related data" ?

Are you saying the Export process is not exporting the related data or something else?

An alternative to a simple export would be to try turning on the sync capability and then create a replica (fgdb output format) which you can set to include attachments. I recall that with very large datasets the sync can time out - in that case, what you can do is set a query to limit the number of records and then just do the replication in chunks.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@EarlMedina,

Thanks for the post.  In ArcGIS Online we can export a File geodatabase (zipped) that contains the related data and use this to update a different feature service with the same schema.  However, ArcGIS Enterprise Portal does not support the use of a File geodatabase (zipped) for updates of feature services.

Add and update features from a file (AGOL) 

LanceCole_0-1717538424873.png

Add and update features from a file (Portal) 

LanceCole_1-1717538754989.png

We are able to open this File geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro but have no way to update the related service on our Portal with the data and related tables.

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand you correctly, you want to do an append but preserve globalids so the related items are maintained?

I think you can do this with the Append tool, but I believe unless something changed the catch is you have to be dealing with an enterprise geodatabase as the target. So, you may have to get your hands dirty to fix this but it's doable. You would just have to create a new field in the parent feature classes that maintains the original globalid values. Then, you append everything, join your related tables GUID <--> Copied GlobalId, and recalculate with the new globalid values.

0 Kudos