Select to view content in your preferred language

Welcome to the new ArcGIS Python API group!

12-20-2016 02:04 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
4 3 1,551

Welcome and thanks for joining ArcGIS Python API group! We encourage you to read the product announcement and introduction blog from our lead developer.

We invite you to post a comment below to say “hello" and let us know what you hope to learn and experience in this group. Some of you have already been using and discussing about the beta version of the API on GeoNet. Thank you for being our early adopters and sharing your feedback, you can find those conversations mapped into this group.

We’re excited to collaborate with you and we look forward to seeing your contributions.

Thank you,

ArcGIS Python API team.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
JillKelly
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, I am a 4th year PhD student at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, where I assist Dana Tomlin with classes on GIS and geospatial software design, supporting student projects that use arcpy and google earth engine.  My research involves the statistical issues surrounding the plot and grid sizes used to aggregate lidar point measurements for forest biomass estimation.  I've done about 85% of my work in ipython and jupyter notebooks in mac os, only sometimes switching to a windows vm for arcpy functions.  I am hoping to use the python API to pull all of my data and scripts into one coherent notebook workflow for repetition and communication, as well as to use the efficiency of remote parallel processing for some of my lidar "big data."

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

AMani-esristaff‌, thanks for creating this group.  It will be a nice venue for information sharing regarding the new API.  Please see my suggestion from https://community.esri.com/message/675554-all-places-what-about-web-gis-web-developers-or-python?sr=...‌ about converting this group to a formal GeoNet space/subspace.

TawnyLochner
Emerging Contributor