Rendering issue with featurelayer in version 3.X

Jump to solution
12-18-2020 06:54 AM
ae
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm experiencing a strange rendering issue in version 3.X (I've tested multiple versions and also the latest one 3.35) when rendering a featurelayer container line features. The issue is that parts of the line features (and sometimes the entire feature) sometimes disappear from the map when the user pans or zooms the map. The issue seemingly occurs randomly but is especially prominent when viewing lines with many vertices. The geometry returned from the server is correct, so the issue is, as far as I can see only connected to the JS api. Also, I'm not using the web-gl option.  

Here is a gif showcasing the error. You can see that when I first zoom in, the entire feature disappears. Then it reappears again when zoomin out. When zooming in for the second time, only parts of the feature shows up. 

esriIssue.gif

I cannot share a fiddle because it is an internal service. Also, the issue does NOT appear in version 4.X, but migrating to the new version is a lot of work since this is part of a bigger solution. 

Does anyone have any idea what could cause such behaviour? 

Kind regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ae
by

In case anyone else stumbles across similar problems: 

After more testing I figured out that the issue is related to using hardware acceleration in Chrome, on my specific computer. I've tested in other browsers and on other machines and cannot reproduce the issue. Also, turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome on my computer seems to fix the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ae
by

In case anyone else stumbles across similar problems: 

After more testing I figured out that the issue is related to using hardware acceleration in Chrome, on my specific computer. I've tested in other browsers and on other machines and cannot reproduce the issue. Also, turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome on my computer seems to fix the issue. 

0 Kudos