Popup

08-06-2014 02:10 PM
silpakodru
New Contributor

I am working on web app using java script, my question is after searching for a location I am showing the location with dots, but when click on the dot I should show popup with location name and the data is in google drive spread sheet. How I can show the popup?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrandonColeman
New Contributor III

How are you sharing the data to your web map? 

If you are sharing a service from a ArcGIS Server:

You can create a custom popup using the popup widget (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/widget_popupfl.html).  You can set the content to be custom depending on what the feature is.  You would need some sort of JavaScript check in there or perhaps you iterate over your document on the Google Drive looking for the feature's id or something.

I am not sure how you would reference the document from Google Drive, but I am assuming Google or a web search would yield decent results.

Else:

It will depend how you have your application set up.  If you are drawing graphics for the locations without tying to a specific shapefile, you might have more of an issue relating a specific graphic to a record in your spreadsheet.  If you had a way of assigning a property to each graphic as an identifier, it would make things easier so you can set a relationship of sorts between the graphics and table.  I suppose you could use the lat/long (x/y) as a unique identifier between the graphics and table, but that would make a slightly more complex query and set up process.

Best guess... Need more information.

0 Kudos