Modify arcgis.com popup in javascript api app

Jump to solution
02-19-2013 12:52 PM
ZorbaConlen
Occasional Contributor
Hi,
I am working on a javascript api application that consumes a web map. The default popup is great, but I would like to add a button or a hyperlink to the bottom of it. What is the easiest way to do this? I would rather not re-create the popup from scratch as I need the features such as attachments, paging, etc... that come with the web map popup.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Here's a link to a sample in the help that shows how to add a gplink to the popup:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/jssamples/#sample/gp_popuplink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KellyHutchins
Here's a link to a sample in the help that shows how to add a gplink to the popup:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/jssamples/#sample/gp_popuplink
0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, perfect.
0 Kudos
LeahSperduto
New Contributor III
This link doesn't take me anywhere, a little help?
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
How could I do the same for the otb mobile popup?
0 Kudos
DonaldLund
New Contributor II
Hi,
I am working on a javascript api application that consumes a web map. The default popup is great, but I would like to add a button or a hyperlink to the bottom of it. What is the easiest way to do this? I would rather not re-create the popup from scratch as I need the features such as attachments, paging, etc... that come with the web map popup.

Thanks.

I'd do back flips if I could get the default popup to work. What are the bare minimum coding elements required to show layer feature data in a popup when you click on a map. I published map tiles and can show the map using very basic javascript, but now I want the popup windows to be displayed, the same way the ArcMap html popup looks and functions.
0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen
Occasional Contributor
My experience is that the default popup works with no coding if you are consuming an arcgis.com webmap in your application. You configure your popups with the arcgis.com viewer and that's it....
0 Kudos
DonaldLund
New Contributor II
My experience is that the default popup works with no coding if you are consuming an arcgis.com webmap in your application. You configure your popups with the arcgis.com viewer and that's it....

Thanks for the quick reply. I will keep that in mind.

I did figure out that my specific problem is that I was expecting the data behind my tiled map service to be available in a popup, but I did not publish any "Features" (left that checkbox unchecked) when I published the map tiles. I've discovered that I need to publish a Feature layer, and that those will be available as a popup.

I'm working through this post: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/get-started/services/publish-desktop-feature-layer.htm. Now I have to work through an analysis error that says "Shape field not visible (2 items)". What that means and how to find the 2 items, who knows how long that might take.

One thing I have not seen or figured out yet is whether or not you can publish map tiles and features at the same time. Check boxes for both are available during the service publication process. I wonder if anyone could comment on that?

Thanks again.
0 Kudos