Heatmap Problems

03-27-2015 02:50 AM
SantoPfingsten
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the new Heatmaps:

The provided sample does not work in chrome:

FeatureLayer using Weighted HeatmapRenderer

Try panning, zooming, the heatmap will shortly move with the map, but when it upates, it just flips back to the initial state.

Width/height won't be  set

In my own code, I'm adding a Featurelayer using a featurecollection object instead of a REST url. but for some reason, the width and height of the layer will not be set, so it stays invisible with a 0/0 size.

Other issues

In my own code I avoided the above by setting width/height to 100%, but even in Firefox when I zoom in or pan, the heatmap either disappears or does not update.

The code I use to add the layer looks like this: Perl Nopaste

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SantoPfingsten
New Contributor II

It seems Problem #1 was fixed last night by ESRI. My colleague told me that for him the provided sample worked, and after I cleared my browsercache, the problem was gone.

The width/height issues where due to a css overflow: hidden which was affecting the div container for the renderer.

The other issues are gone as well, so nevermind the question.

0 Kudos
SantoPfingsten
New Contributor II

Problem #1 was not fixed, it seems to be a problem that only happens sometimes.

My colleagues don't have the problem, even tho they have the exact same Chrome Version.

It gets fixed once the browser window gets resized, but only until the next zoom/pan happens.before_pan.pngafter_pan.png

SantoPfingsten
New Contributor II

I'm still having the same Problem.

I tried removing all chrome extensions, resetting settins to default, removing the AppData directory. Nothing seems to fix this.

I've tried just changing parameters like blurRadius, then calling redraw() on the featureLayer.

The Heatmap does blend out and in again, but it does not update to the new settings (in firefox it does).

I've run the chrome profiler on this test and the methods that take a long time all get called:
_createImageData, set src, toDataUrl, calculateIntensityMatrix

0 Kudos