esri.request events

11-19-2012 04:28 AM
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor
Hi

Trying to track any info about events as i would like to add a loading gif while the call is being run...

Any ideas? I cant find anything regarding events and esri.request..might not be possible but thought i would ask before doing something more complicated.

thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Are you looking for something more granular than showing the loading icon just before you send the request, then hiding it when the request finishes?

We have talked about providing request progress in supported browsers, but it's not in the API yet.
0 Kudos
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor
Hi Derek

Yes, i was looking at seeing if there was any events to hook onto during the esri request to update the status of the div i have the output going to i have however for this instance just used the esri.hide and esri.show calls and this seems to work (but my code loops through alot of different functions depending on the results from the json response) so i have multiple esri calls through the code.

It would be easier to hook onto a few main events - i was thinking for my requirements, an onSubmit and onComplete etc, that would make it easier for me however more generic calls would be sufficient as we do not want to overdo the events available, just to ensure end users know that things are progressing etc.

Thanks for the consideration,

thanks
0 Kudos