Drawing and CAD file

03-24-2015 07:45 AM
deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III

I am importing our CAD files into ArcGIS so that I can server them up to the JavaScript API using Server.  These CAD files do not have any spatial information at this point.  What we are doing is really looking at the inside of our stores when zoomed in very closely.  I've been tasked to come up with a way to allow our upper management the ability to draw a box that will give them the sqft of that box and be able to either add some data/label to that box or be able to pull some information into that box.   In other words show changes to departments that want made to the store over top the CAD drawing.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to get going on this project.  The measurement tool and drawing tools are nice don't really help me with this problem.  Examples are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
11 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Michael,

maybe check out my widget. http://jsfiddle.net/timw1984/4p7d241v/17/embedded/result/

Just check "Add Measurements" and start drawing.

here is the code Javascript API - Advanced Draw widget

Tim

New Contributor III

This is awesome! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

When I click on the map the actual place it starts to draw or put a text piece is off.  It seems to be high and to the right.  I've seen this before and believe their is a fix.  What am I doing wrong? 

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

This might help: Map Navigation Mouse Offset?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

What is interesting is that I get this issue using your example as well.  Try following a highway at the start I think you will see what I mean.

http://jsfiddle.net/timw1984/4p7d241v/17/embedded/result/

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Everything works for me correct.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Are you using Chrome or IE because I just did a test and everything works fine in Chrome but IE is off for some strange reason.  Sadly IE is what our company browser is. 

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Michael,

it should be fixed with the version I published today.

Tim

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Where do I get the new version from?  Any chance you created a save button for the graphics.  It is such an awesome tool.  I love it. 

0 Kudos