webpack-plugin install

12-30-2019 08:10 AM
BrianCunningham2
New Contributor III

I am having an issue getting the npm install to run when trying to install the arcgis webpack plugin.

When I run npm install --save-dev @arcgiswebpack-plugin

I get the following errors:

73 error code ENOENT
74 error syscall spawn git
75 error path git
76 error errno ENOENT
77 error enoent Error while executing:
77 error enoent undefined ls-remote -h -t ssh://git@github.com/Esri/dgrid.git
77 error enoent
77 error enoent
77 error enoent spawn git ENOENT
78 error enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
79 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

I am seeing this both when I attempt to install the plugin on my web server, and when I try to build the demo from the url below

webpack | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.14 

I called ESRI tech support and they told me that this is out of scope for their support since it is a node.js issue.  It is my understanding that this a product that ESRI developed, correct?  Should it not fall under their scope of support?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would recommend logging an issue in the GitHub repo:

Issues · Esri/arcgis-webpack-plugin · GitHub 

While the plugin was made by Esri, I think this falls under the category of a project as opposed to a product. An example of a product would be the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, or ArcGIS Pro. An example of a project is this webpack plug-in, or the Resource Proxy. Usually projects are hosted on GitHub or other non-Esri pages. The best way to work with Esri projects is via the appropriate GitHub repo, or here on GeoNet, or places like The Spatial Community on Slack.

Lastly, when I tested this command:

npm install --save-dev @arcgis/webpack-plugin@^4.14.0

It seems to load fine. 

Hopefully this helps.

0 Kudos
BrianCunningham2
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response Noah; that's great insight on projects/products.

I was able to get the install work properly.  I did not have git installed on my computer or on the web server that I'm working on.  Once I installed git, npm was able to successfully install the package.

I also ensured that my PATH variable matched what is outlined in the stackoverflow post below:

javascript - Bower: ENOGIT Git is not installed or not in the PATH - Stack Overflow 

Thanks,

Brian

ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Looks like the dgrid dependency is loading via ssh, you might need https. You can run this command and try to install it again.

git config --global url."https://github.com".insteadOf git://github.com‍

Edit - nvm, you got it! Good to hear