Strange feature layer error

Jump to solution
02-12-2014 08:59 AM
BenFousek
Occasional Contributor III
I'm getting a request error on feature layers "status: 0" only on the initial LOD.

If I resize the map, then pan or manually refresh the layer, the error persists. But as soon as I zoom out of and back to the LOD it works.

If I don't resize the map, as above, the error persists when zooming to the LOD.

This isn't happening in my dev environment. Only when deployed.

I can load any of the error urls in a new tab and returns with no problem.

If I log the layer's 'error', I get "RequestError: Unable to draw graphic (null)".

Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFousek
Thanks Noah.

I think it's a browser cache issue. I tested it at a different location and there was no error. I cleared browser cache on my dev machine and the deployed app no longer had issue. But thereafter the dev app had the error. Seems that after clearing cache the first app accessed doesn't have the error, but then the other does. If I resize the browser before reloading it will work in one, but then the other has the error. Kind of reminds me of 10 sp1 query bug. Not a big deal. I now know what's causing it and it won't be an issue for anyone accessing the deployed app.

Occurs in Firefox and Chrome.

Dev env: Apache on Win7

Deployed env: IIS on Win2012

AGS: 10.2.0 (3370)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Ben,

Sounds intriguing. I'm not 100% sure what the issue is, but I have a couple of ideas of things to look at and think about.

1) Is the URL of the application publicly accessible? It would be neat if you could share that here.

2) Are you using a proxy? If so, verify that the proxy is working properly.

3) What happens if you change the initial zoom level in the code when the application loads?

4) What is different between the dev and deployment environments?

Hope this helps,

-Noah
0 Kudos
BenFousek
Thanks Noah.

I think it's a browser cache issue. I tested it at a different location and there was no error. I cleared browser cache on my dev machine and the deployed app no longer had issue. But thereafter the dev app had the error. Seems that after clearing cache the first app accessed doesn't have the error, but then the other does. If I resize the browser before reloading it will work in one, but then the other has the error. Kind of reminds me of 10 sp1 query bug. Not a big deal. I now know what's causing it and it won't be an issue for anyone accessing the deployed app.

Occurs in Firefox and Chrome.

Dev env: Apache on Win7

Deployed env: IIS on Win2012

AGS: 10.2.0 (3370)
0 Kudos