Smartmapping -RelationshipRenderer numclasses

10-06-2021 07:02 AM
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use smartmapping relationship renderer using esri jsapi 4.x. Looking at the documentation (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-smartMapping-renderers-relationsh...), maximum for numClasses is 4X4. Adding the same layer on AGOL will let you map with 5X5 (which I need) classes while adding the layer using jsapi limits you to 4X4. Is there any extra/hidden option to achieve the same using jsapi?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

No. There isn't any hidden option for 5x5 in the JS API. Also, AGOL doesn't allow for 5x5 classes...I'm curious where you saw that.

KristianEkenes_0-1633710452827.png

Can you describe your use case for the 5x5? This would result in 25 unique colors, which can be difficult to interpret. 4x4 already pushes the limit in that sense. Is it a diverging scenario where you want to have two neutral colors and two diverging color ramps? That would be an interesting scenario we can investigate for an enhancement...

0 Kudos
rpavuluri
New Contributor II

Hi @KristianEkenes 

Thanks for your reply. I thought I saw a 5X5 some time but then rechecking again, it was 4X4, sorry about that. But my use is that we needed a 5X5 matrix (it is a requirement). Having them linearly with 25 such colors is not practical. Please consider this as enhancement for future.

Thanks!

0 Kudos