Showing Stack / Bar Charts on Map

Jump to solution
11-21-2019 07:05 PM
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I need to show some stacked/bar chart on a map based on some criteria, as shown here:

The bar height is the number of overlapping points in the same location. The blue and green colours basically means the type of the overlapping points.

Is there a way to achieve this, whether it's using out-of-box ArcGIS API for JavaScript functionality or some 3rd party library? I haven't been able to find anything.

The sample screenshot shows 3D bars but for now 2D bars can also work.

I am using ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.22.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

The best approach I found is to dynamically generate the bars as PNG files on the server. The ArcGIS API for JavaScript can then fetch the PNG files and use the usual symbol markers for each point to display the bars.

Another person uses the same approach here:

Drawing charts(pie or bar) on map Arcgis Api for javascript - Geographic Information Systems Stack E... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

The best approach I found is to dynamically generate the bars as PNG files on the server. The ArcGIS API for JavaScript can then fetch the PNG files and use the usual symbol markers for each point to display the bars.

Another person uses the same approach here:

Drawing charts(pie or bar) on map Arcgis Api for javascript - Geographic Information Systems Stack E...