Secondary highlight

08-18-2021 12:11 PM
RussellMGreen
New Contributor II

What's the best way to show a secondary highlight (to bring focus to a specific graphic that is already highlighted). An example is where you have 6 graphics that are highlighted (using the standard layer.highlight(graphic) capability) but we want to bring focus to one of those features (with a different highlight color) - see example image below.

I want to avoid re-inventing the wheel (aka creating my own graphics for highlighting) since the ArcGIS JS API can already create really nice highlights for every symbology type, but I can't find a way to either get access to the graphic that is created for the highlight (so I can change the color) or add another highlight with a different color (the highlight config seems to be global). Any suggestions?

RussellMGreen_0-1629313696956.png

Another example of this scenario is the classic ArcMap or ArcPro feature table. You can select features and then view only the selected features (highlighted in cyan). You can then select a subset of the selected features (additional highlighting then in yellow).

0 Kudos
0 Replies