Proxy not using POST

Jump to solution
03-02-2015 03:35 PM
DonCaviness
New Contributor III

I am performing a query running through a proxy that is using a GET request instead of  a POST request.  I can run many combinations of a query, some returning 1000s of records and other just 100s. Via fiddler the POST gets used on some request and GET is used on others, except on one in particular query. In the REST directory I only get the query to work via "Query(POST)" but in my code the proxy makes the request as a GET. The only thing I can guess is that the length of the request is on the border of the 2048 character limit thus confusing the proxy. The character count of the url that causes issues is 1998, this includes the reference to the proxy.

My question is, how can I force the proxy to use a POST instead of a GET in this instance? I am also fine with forcing all of the queries to be a POST instead of a GET.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonCaviness
New Contributor III

Not entirely sure what was the exact issue but as a test I downloaded a new copy of the proxy resource from GitHub.  I replaced the existing proxy I was using with the new one, all appears to be working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DonCaviness
New Contributor III

Not entirely sure what was the exact issue but as a test I downloaded a new copy of the proxy resource from GitHub.  I replaced the existing proxy I was using with the new one, all appears to be working now.

0 Kudos