Measured Grid in layoutOption

Jump to solution
12-04-2017 09:54 PM
cadgism
Occasional Contributor

I have created few  layout views in arc map and published as print services and consuming this services for printing. I have few custom text elements, scale bar and Measured Grid.  I am able to place custom text elements as desired. The problem is Measured Grid. I want to increase or decrease the grid line intervals based on scale and/or paper size. I dont find anything related to grids in Template.layoutOptions.

How can I achieve this please..

=======================================================

case "A4 Landscape":
            var printTask = new esri.tasks.PrintTask(UrlprintA4);
            var params = new esri.tasks.PrintParameters();
            var template = new esri.tasks.PrintTemplate();
            params.map = app.map;
            template.format = printFormat;
            template.layout = printLayout;
            template.layout = "CustomA4";
            template.outScale = printScale;
            template.layoutOptions = {
                //customTextElements: [{ pinNumber: pin }, { Area: pinArea },  { userName: userName }, { printDate: myDate(Date()) }],
                customTextElements: customTextElementsArray,
            }
             params.template = template;
            setTimeout(function () { printTask.execute(params, printResult, printError); }, 100);
            break;

=======================================================================================

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

cadgis,

I don't think it is possible to control the grid from the template.layoutoptions. I don't know of any way to accomplish what you are after.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

cadgis,

I don't think it is possible to control the grid from the template.layoutoptions. I don't know of any way to accomplish what you are after.

cadgism
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert Robert Scheitlin

I am thinking of  achieving  this ( though stupid ) to create many templates and put different sized  grids and call the template according to the scale... ???..

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

cadgis,

It is not stupid at all as this is probably you best route.

meaellen
New Contributor II

I need a USNG grid on my layout.  I only have ArcGIS Pro.  Is there a way to do this in Pro?  

0 Kudos