Is it possible to use a 102110 projection for a basemap?

Jump to solution
03-13-2017 11:25 AM
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, I have to use a Basemap projected in 102110 and datas originaly in 102110 to but I can reproject these... so I need to set the map in this projection (102110 and not in 4326) but it seems to be impossible to display datas (in each projection) on this Basemap...

So my question, has written in the title, is it possible to use the 102110 has main projection in the ESRI api Js ?

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

No if both the basemap and the data for the points are in 102110 them they should be fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florain,

Yes you can use  your own basemaps in your own projection. But esri basemaps are only 4326 and 102100 and can not be re-projected at runtime. I have handled this two different ways in the past.

1. Use a custom basemap using your own data and it's native WKID.
  2. Use no base map and set the maps LODs yourself in code.
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer Robert !

My plan is your first point but it doesn't seems to work... is it OK if I generate my graphic with the tool below or should I use something else like CartographiqueToGeom ?

Point | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.20 

What LODs does it mean ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

A basemap is the background that your operational layers will be drawn on top of (normally imagery or something). So I am confused by your question about using JS API Point class.

LOD - levels of Display. The basemaps scale levels

0 Kudos
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Oh! The Point is for the operational layer on the top my Basemap, the display of my Basemap is OK but not the display of the Point ! (And it's the same 102110 projection)

That's why I ask if I forgot something with the Point...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

No if both the basemap and the data for the points are in 102110 them they should be fine.