How to get intersecting points of MapImageLayer features, selected by Rectangle?

01-24-2021 05:17 AM
ChristianBischof
Esri Contributor

Hi folks,

I have a MapImageLayer which sublayer symbolizes roads of a country on a map. I want to sketch a rectangle over these Roads and get the intersection points (including the routes themselves) back.

So basically what I have is the MapImageLayer, which features I can also query but the only thing I get back are obviously all routes - I need to query it based on the "rectangle selection" which is currentyl sketched in a GraphicsLayer using the SketchViewModel.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffK
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you looked at the geometry engines intersect method? Might be what you are looking for.

JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have a simple CodePen showing what you've tried so far?  The simplest approach is to use the queryFeatures() method on the Sublayer.  You might also consider converting the Extent to a Polyline to simplify the intersect operation.

UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

This simple test app show how to query features of a sublayer that intersect a rectangle. You'd have to modify it so that that you are querying all sublayers you need to query. Hope this helps.

JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

...and here's a slight modification to above codepen that shows how to only get features that intersect the extent boundary:

https://codepen.io/john-grayson/pen/GRNKPjw